Find a roofer in Greenfield, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal cost of roof replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
How much is a contractor's rate to repair the roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the typical pricing per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Greenfield, MA. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Greenfield, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Greenfield, MA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.