Find a roofer in Grafton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Grafton, MA. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Grafton, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Grafton
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Grafton, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Grafton, MA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Grafton, MA. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.