Find a roofer in Gloucester, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How much will a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What sort of prices are affiliated with repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What is the normal duration for a roof rebuild?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Gloucester, Massachusetts. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Gloucester, Massachusetts
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Gloucester, Massachusetts. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.