Find a roofer in Gloucester, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Gloucester, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Gloucester
Roofing Maintenance Services in Gloucester, MA
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Gloucester, MA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.