Find a roofer in Glendale, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual price for replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected cost for roof repair services?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the customary price per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for the job.
How long does it typically take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Glendale, MA. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate the hours for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Glendale, MA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Glendale, MA. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Glendale, MA. Find the right contractor for your house right away.