Find a roofer in Georgetown, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Georgetown, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Georgetown
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the ideal season for a roofing project?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What do most roofing experts charge per square foot?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to set up my roof evaluated?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Georgetown, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Georgetown, Massachusetts. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.