Find a roofer in Franklin, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Franklin, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Franklin
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Franklin, MA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Franklin, MA. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Franklin, MA. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.