Find a roofer in Fall River, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Fall River, MA. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Fall River, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Fall River
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Fall River, MA
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Fall River, MA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.