Find a roofer in Essex, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Essex, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Essex
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Essex, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Essex, Massachusetts. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.