Find a roofer in Eastham, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Eastham, MA
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Eastham, MA, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Eastham, MA. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.