Find a roofer in East Weymouth, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in East Weymouth, MA. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near East Weymouth, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // East Weymouth
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in East Weymouth, MA
If you need roofing maintenance services in East Weymouth, MA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in East Weymouth, MA. Find the right contractor for your property today.