Find a roofer in East Sandwich, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Massachusetts // East Sandwich
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When during the year is good for a roofing job?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the average cost per square foot for roofing services?
Services for your roof can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the usual duration to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
When is the best time to arrange for a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Services near East Sandwich, MA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in East Sandwich, MA. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.