Find a roofer in East Boston, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in East Boston, MA. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near East Boston, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // East Boston
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near East Boston, MA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in East Boston, MA. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in East Boston, MA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.