Find a roofer in Dover, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Dover, Massachusetts. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Dover, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Dover
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Dover, Massachusetts
If you need roofing maintenance services in Dover, Massachusetts, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.