Find a roofer in Dennis, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Dennis, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Dennis
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Dennis, MA
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Dennis, MA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.