Find a roofer in Dedham, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Massachusetts // Dedham
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the most appropriate time for roofing services?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the customary rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
When is a roof inspection necessary?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Dedham, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Dedham, Massachusetts. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dedham, Massachusetts. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house now.