Find a roofer in Cohasset, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Cohasset, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Cohasset
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I get a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the normal cost of roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget for roof repair expenses?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the most suitable time for roofing work?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Cohasset, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Cohasset, MA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.