Find a roofer in Cohasset, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Massachusetts // Cohasset
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Cohasset, MA. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
What is the correct time to book an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofers typically charge for labor for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much is a roofer's rate to fix the roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Cohasset, MA
If you need roofing maintenance services in Cohasset, MA, there's no better way to find them. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.