Find a roofer in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Chestnut Hill, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Chestnut Hill
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.