Find a roofer in Charlestown, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Charlestown, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Charlestown
Roofing Maintenance Services near Charlestown, Massachusetts
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Charlestown, Massachusetts. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Charlestown, Massachusetts. Get the roofing services you need for your home right away.