Find a roofer in Canton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Canton, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Canton
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the ideal time for a roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical price roofing experts charge per square foot?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the normal period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
What is the appropriate occasion to schedule an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Canton, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Canton, MA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.