Find a roofer in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Massachusetts // Cambridge
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the best time to get a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
At what cost does a roofing professional charge for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What are the normal costs related to fixing a roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is a good time for roofing projects?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Cambridge, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Cambridge, MA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cambridge, MA. Find the right contractor for your house right away.