Find a roofer in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Cambridge, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Cambridge
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Cambridge, MA
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Cambridge, MA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.