Find a roofer in Brookfield, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Brookfield, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Brookfield
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Brookfield, Massachusetts
When you need roofing maintenance services in Brookfield, Massachusetts, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Brookfield, Massachusetts. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house now.