Find a roofer in Brockton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Brockton, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Brockton
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Brockton, MA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Brockton, MA. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.