Find a roofer in Brimfield, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Brimfield, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Brimfield
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Brimfield, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Brimfield, Massachusetts. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.