Find a roofer in Braintree, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Braintree, MA. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Braintree, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Braintree
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Braintree, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Braintree, MA. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Braintree, MA. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house right away.