Find a roofer in Belchertown, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Belchertown, MA. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Belchertown, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Belchertown
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Belchertown, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Belchertown, MA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Belchertown, MA. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home now.