Find a roofer in Barre, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Barre, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Barre
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Barre, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Barre, Massachusetts. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.