Find a roofer in Attleboro, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Attleboro, Massachusetts. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Attleboro, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Attleboro
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Attleboro, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Attleboro, Massachusetts. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Attleboro, Massachusetts. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home today.