Find a roofer in Agawam, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Agawam, Massachusetts. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Agawam, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Agawam
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Agawam, Massachusetts
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Agawam, Massachusetts. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.