Find a roofer in Adams, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Adams, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Adams, Massachusetts. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Adams, Massachusetts. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.