Find a roofer in Acton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Acton, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Acton
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which time is best to get a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a replacement project?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the approximate price range for repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
When should I schedule to get roofing services done?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Acton, Massachusetts
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Acton, Massachusetts, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.