Find a roofer in White Castle, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near White Castle, LA
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in White Castle, LA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.