Find a roofer in Westwego, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Westwego, LouisianaHome // Louisiana // Westwego
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Westwego, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Westwego, Louisiana. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Westwego, Louisiana. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property right away.