Find a roofer in Slaughter, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Slaughter, Louisiana. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Slaughter, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Slaughter, Louisiana. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.