Find a roofer in Schriever, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I schedule to get roofing contractors come out?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
How much do most roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to get a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Schriever, LA. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can estimate the hours for the job.
At what moment should I think about having an inspection done for my roof?
Most roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Schriever, LA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Schriever, LA. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.