Find a roofer in Robert, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Robert, LA
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Robert, LA. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Robert, LA. Find the right contractor for your property now.