Find a roofer in Port Barre, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Port Barre, LA. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Port Barre, LA
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Port Barre, LA, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.