Find a roofer in Palmetto, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Palmetto, LA
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Palmetto, LA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.