Find a roofer in Oakdale, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Oakdale, LA. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Oakdale, LA
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Oakdale, LA. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.