Find a roofer in Lutcher, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Lutcher, LA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Lutcher, LA. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.