Find a roofer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal duration for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
What is the correct occasion to schedule a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
At what cost will a roofing specialist charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected cost for roof repair services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Lafayette, LA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Lafayette, LA. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.