Find a roofer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which time of the year should I book roofing services?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical price per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
What is the proper occasion to book an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Lafayette, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Lafayette, Louisiana. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.