Find a roofer in Krotz Springs, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Krotz Springs, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Krotz Springs, Louisiana. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.