Find a roofer in Kentwood, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Kentwood, LA
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Kentwood, LA, there's no better way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.