Find a roofer in Jonesboro, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Jonesboro, LouisianaHome // Louisiana // Jonesboro
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Jonesboro, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Jonesboro, Louisiana. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.