Find a roofer in Jennings, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Jennings, LA. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Jennings, LA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Jennings, LA. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Jennings, LA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.