Find a roofer in Jeanerette, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Jeanerette, LA. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
How much is a contractor's rate to fix the roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Jeanerette, LA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Jeanerette, LA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.