Find a roofer in Jeanerette, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Jeanerette, Louisiana
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Jeanerette, Louisiana. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Jeanerette, Louisiana. Find the right contractor for your property now.